What is Overspray?
Overspray is an environmental contaminant that is carried by the wind from a work site. The mildest of wind changes can cause an overspray incident.
Facts about Overspray Contaminants:
- Are carried by the wind from various residential, commercial and industrial construction sites.
- Painting contractors are not able to prevent overspray 100%.
- More than 1000 vehicles in the United States are affected by overspray every day.
- Automobiles, boats, airplanes and structures can be contaminated by overspray.
- Overspray is not always visible but can be detectable by a sandpaper-like feel on vehicle.
- Overspray can travel up to 2 miles from origination point.
Overspray is nearly impossible to totally prevent and it is not an indication of negligence on behalf of the contractor.
Other Paint Finish Contaminants: